New engineering departments: acting managers now in place
When the four new engineering departments open on 1 January 2021, they will have a transitional management until the appointment process for the new heads of department has been completed. The acting heads of department and deputy heads of department are now in place to ensure that the new departments get off to a good start.
The transitional management of the four new departments are:
Department of Biological and Chemical Engineering (BCE)
- Acting head of department: Lars Ottosen
- Deputy head of department for development, innovation, and business collaboration: Stefan Borre-Gude
- Deputy head of department for education: Keld Lars Bak
Department of Mechanical and Production Engineering (MPE)
- Acting head of department: Henrik Myhre
- Deputy head of department for development, innovation, and business collaboration: Helle Wivel
- Deputy head of department for education: Søren Bøndergaard
Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering (CAE)
- Acting head of department: Steffen Petersen
- Deputy head of department for development, innovation, and business collaboration: Kasper Lynge
- Deputy head of department for education: Karsten Völcker
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)
- Acting head of department: Michael Bergholz Knudsen
- Deputy head of department for talent development and external funding: Daniel Enrique Lucani Rötter
- Deputy head of department for education: Per Lysgaard
The process for the appointment of the four heads of department has been initiated, and it is expected that the new heads of department will be presented during March or April 2021.
"It's important to me that the transition to the new departments is as smooth and painless as possible. And with this very experienced group as the transitional management team, we have ensured continued good collaboration with our many valued partners," says Eskild Holm Nielsen, dean of Technical Sciences.
Interim administrative support and acting secretariat managers in place
In addition to the transitional management, interim administrative support has also been set up, and acting secretariat managers have been appointed. They have been appointed until summer 2021. Together with the acting secretariat managers, a project manager and an advisory and steering committee will comprise interim administrative support to ensure secure and uniform operation of the four new engineering departments during the transitional phase until new department managements and new secretariats have been established.
"The new managements consist of very experienced people, and I am pleased and confident with them at the helm at the launch of the new departments at the end of the year," concludes Eskild Holm Nielsen.